Serves :- 2- 3 Adults
Baby brinjals : 7-8
Eggs : 2 -3
Onion : 1
Green chillies : 2
Ginger garlic paste : 1/4tspn
turmeric : pinch
Coriander powder : 1/2tspn
Garam masala powder : 1/8tspn
Chilly powder : 1/2tspn
Tamarind : blue berry size
Oil : 2tbspns
Coriander leaves : 5 sprigs
- Take 7 or 8 baby brinjals , 2 or 3 eggs , 1 onion , 1 tomato , 2 green chillies , 1 blue berry size tamarind .
- Boil eggs , peel out the shells , put vertical slits . Wash brinjals , Put cross slits on each of them with stem intact and put them in salted water. Chop onion , tomato , green chillies . Microwave tamarind in water bowl for a minute and let this cool. Extract the juice from tamarind.
- Heat a pan add 1tspn oil and fry eggs till golden color and put them in a bowl .
- In same pan add 1tbspn oil and fry brinjals with a 1/2 tspn salt till they are perfectly done.
- Put fried eggs and brinjals aside.
- While eggs and brinjals are frying simultaneously take another pan add 1 tbspn oil and fry green chillies till they are fried.Add onions and fry till golden brown. Next add pinch of turmeric and ginger garlic paste . Fry for a minute.
- Next add tomato and fry till mushy.
- Now its time for spices. Add 1tspn salt , 1/2tspn chilly powder , 1/2tspn coriander powder , 1/8tspn garam masala powder. Fry for a minute.
- Add tamarind juice and after a minute switchoff stove . Let this cool.
- Grind this onion tomato mixture with little amount of water to a fine paste.
- Heat a shallow frying pan add 1tspn oil , add 1/8tspn of ginger garlic paste and fry for a minute. Add fried eggs and brinjals and fry for a minute .
- Add grinded paste and add water till it reaches ur required consistency .
- Let eggs and brinjals boil fully in this gravy .
- Finally finish it of by adding few finely chopped coriander leaves and switch off stove. Serve this hot with rice or roti and enjoy delicious Andhra special dish vankaya kodiguddu pulusu.